Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Gucci Pour Homme II vs Dior Homme, which one?

Gucci Pour Homme II vs Dior Homme, which one?

You may considering between these two best perfumes. Here are some reviews between Gucci Pour Homme II and Dior Homme.

Dior Homme Review


I tried Dior Homme. People were talking about the reformulation and how bad it was. I can't confirm whether it's becuase of the reformulation or because of my changing tastes, but I do notice a big difference. It's much less smooth, a bit more drier and spicier. It was really high on my to-buy list but now it isn't. I'll have to revisit it, but I'm happy I didn't buy it now. It's probably 80% the same as i remember it to be, but it's certainly missing something.

Positive Review

Fantastic, fantastic scent.
Dior Homme has positioned itself solidly as my signature scent.
I have the reformulated version, which to some is a tragedy. However, I have smelled both and I prefer this version over the original. Just my personal preference. I think the reformulated Dior Homme line, though missing certain aspects that some people raved about, is now a solid and consistent lineup with not much to really complain about.
Anyway, when I first sprayed this I got a huge blast of iris and leather. It turned me off since I'm not used to this kind of fragrance. Something kept pulling me in, and once the iris and cacao combo set in, I was hooked. I get something new every time I wear it, which is something i deeply appreciate about any form of art (writing, film, music). Sometimes, I get bright florals and earthy, rooty vetiver...other times I've gotten almost a tea-like note (I may be the only one who's gotten that, haha), but always that smooth, buttery iris and cacao drydown.
This is definitely not a scent for a guy who wants something cartoonishly masculine. This has depth and sensitivity, it's softer and subdued, smart and innovative.
On my skin, I get 6-8 hours. It projects just fine with 3 sprays, and in my opinion just isn't meant to be a loud scent that trumpets your arrival. It's meant to be discreet and toned down, yet attractive and inviting. Trust me, for what it is, it works just fine.
It's gonna take a heavy, heavy hitter to knock this from it's spot in my collection.
Pros: Well blended, great combination of notes, good performance.
Cons: Some may find the opening to be a turn-off."


Negative review

On me this is a harsh leather, sharp and aldehydic. Reminiscent of Guerlain's Heritage, but without the refinement, the balance, the sophistication. Also reminiscent in its tobacco-ish dryness of Fracas For Men.

It's rather a one note scent that repels rather than attracts. More chemical than charismatic.

Another of the recent scents which fall far short of their seeming aim.



Gucci Pour Homme II Review


I just liked Gucci Pour Homme II the very most, so I acquired this at the Sephora. This simply stood up out coming from all the remainder I have actually made an effort and also that it stood up out due to the fact that the finest one.

One of the finest Herbal tea derived scents IMO. Perhaps even believed the endurance is actually desultory as well as this is actually forecast is actually none existant this one is actually still one of my preferences.

People absolutely kill me with this nonsense about Gucci Pour Homme II having poor longevity. I consistently get a full work day with it, and the sillage seems to be typical. I dunno. When my best friend wears it, I smell it on him too. So it's really baffling to see people with longevity issues, for I have none. Love this stuff.


The review mentioned that Gucci Pour Homme II can be had rather cheaply (under $40 for a 3.3 oz if I'm not mistaken). I was wondering where exactly I can find a good deal on this cologne. People have said they see it at discount stores; I have scoured all the Marshalls, TJMaxx's, and Ross's in my area and have yet to see it. It's also out of stock on fragrancenet and not offered by Amazon (when buying from Amazon I only trust things that are sold directly by Amazon). Anywhere else I should look or will I have to settle for the department store price of $57 for a 1.7 oz?

I've pretty much made up my mind on buying this one, but I'd feel somewhat cheated paying full price for it after people keep saying they find great deals on it.


Now, you've seen both perfumes' review. Gucci Pour Homme II vs Dior Homme now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, you have your own review about this perfume? Shout it out on the comment form below. We'd be glad to put your perfume review on our website.